Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

impossible opening session

• Please log in to reply

tipapatchino

tipapatchino

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: Hi cleaning my computeur working on windows 2000 i delete by mistake important files about my own profile in the computer(PB).
Restarting it i get a provisional profile in witch one he tolds me you lost data on your first one(PB)...
I though i going to create a new user profile(P-B) and i delete the first one completely(PB) but i when i tried to logon the new one (P-B) it was impossible and the machine told me check domaine name and password....so i tried to put Administrateur as user name and no password how it was possible to log before but i get the answer....

I tried F8 to strart without fall but he ask me again to enter a user and a password same answer...
Ok i decided to re-install but it's impossible to boot on my windows disk i confured the bios 1 cd rom 2 floppy 3 hard disk , he refused to do something else to boot on the hd and proposed me the logon caption??????

What can i do....?????

I have 2 machines at home the seconde one works good

In the first one i have the system on a separate partition and 4 other hd disks with important data i don't want to lost everything but i can re-install if it's possible....Please help me if you can :)

Advertisements

duswalk

duswalk

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
try administrator with no password.

tipapatchino

tipapatchino

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

try administrator with no password.

Thank you i've tried but i'have still the same answer checked domaine and password and when i try it with F8 no fails strat up he tolds me your profile has been deleted thank you anyway.... :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
after setting the bios to boot from cd....you inserted the cd and restarted the machine right? it then prompted for you to press any key to boot from cd right? because you have to press something...usually when i want to boot from cd...i press the power button to turn it on (with the cd in) then i press the space bar once every second or so

tipapatchino

tipapatchino

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

after setting the bios to boot from cd....you inserted the cd and restarted the machine right? it then prompted for you to press any key to boot from cd right? because you have to press something...usually when i want to boot from cd...i press the power button to turn it on (with the cd in) then i press the space bar once every second or so

Thanks for your answer but after setting the bios to boot from cd....I inserted the cd and restarted the machine but it didn't prompted me to press any key to boot from cd ...
Ihave a motherboard Asus P4G8X Delux and restarting the machine ask me to press F3 if i want to modify the RAID specificities as usual if i do it he propose me to push to repair any conflicts F1 to set up ...or ESC to to leave this section if i do it the machine asks me witch peripherics i want to use to start my hard disks 2 differents ones the floppy other or the cd-rom i chosse the cd-rom <Enter> and he starts as usual with the hard disk....if you understand something....if i'm enough clear let me know :tazz: thanks for your help again

tipapatchino

tipapatchino

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i'm not sure to be clear enough i think i just want to know how to boot on the windows 2000 disk .....please help me i need to reinstall and access to my documents thanks you :tazz: