Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Npdsplay error

• Please log in to reply

DanAmbrosio

DanAmbrosio

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I try and view online movies (wmv format) I get a npdsplay error. So i read up on google and it said the easiest way to fix this was to reinstall windows media player 10. So i followed the directions and did add remove programs then show updates, I looked for windows media player 10 but it was not in there (and yes i have it because i watch videos with it all the time) All i could find was Windows Media Format Runtime. I uninstalled this and it said it was rolling windows media player back to a previous version (which it didnt do when it was finished). So i read up again on google and it said to reboot in safe mode and delete all the WMP files. I did and reinstalled windows media player 10 using the executable file provided by microsoft. It put some files back into the folder but i dont think i have them all. I can watch movies files directly off the harddrive but if it comed to the internet i just get a blank screen where the video is. Can anyone tell me how to reinstall windows media player fresh! Thank you,
Dan

Advertisements