Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible?

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I have a CD-RW with files on it and want to free some space on the disk, now i can erase the whole CD to get the spacke back but i only want to delete certian files and do not want to delete them all is this possible. I only have nero installed. and the windows CD-Writing wizard.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can remove files selectively from a cdrw...but be aware that with the way cdrws work...that you can never regain the entire disk

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Hi CJIS.

From what I know, there is no possible way to remove only "a few" files from a compact disc.

FKG

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not sure how it's done in nero but with roxio direct cd stuff...you can remove the files individually from the cd...

http://forums.vnunet...&message=177966 <---this says that you would have had to format the cd using packet writing...or something like that

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
If the disk was left open for rewrites and modifications then yes you can selectively choose what to keep.

An alternative is to copy the files that you want to the hard drive and erase whole CD disk and then rewrite those files along with any additional files you may wanna write.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Yes, it can be done with a packet-writing software like Nero In-CD.
With the help of a Packet-writing software you can perform file-operations on a CD-RW just as you would on your HDD.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Sorry, my bad then. :tazz: