Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows loses Sys Tray Settings

• Please log in to reply

grandpa

grandpa

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

I have just reinstalled Avast & Spybot. However when I turn the compter off, then rebot the icons dissapear from the sys tray and the 2 pgms don't load, any icons that I have asked to hide re-appear ( in the sys tray). Im quite confused.

Is there a setting which I may have inadvertently applied or one that I should apply to stop this behaviour.
The only way I can get spybot to & Avast to run in the sys tray is to uninstall & reinstall all the time.

There must be something I need to do.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hi grandpa,
The icons from the previous installtion might still be present in the "System Tray Notification area Cache" and they might be causing the confusion.
So we will need to clear the aforementioned cache; download and run the following script from Kelly's Korner:
http://www.kellys-ko...p_pastitems.vbs

Edited by darth_ash, 12 October 2005 - 03:48 PM.

grandpa

grandpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi
Thanks for that. Ive done it. Do I now reload etc.

Many thanks

Grandpa

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
No, you dont need to re-install the porgrams again.
So, did it work?

grandpa

grandpa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi

Thanks for that. The prob seemed to be Ewido as when I uninstalled it Avast seemd to load in the sys tray OK> However as yet I haven't rebooted.

Many thanks

Grandpa