Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows 2000 Reboots Repeatedly

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Troubleshooting a Windows 2000 machine that is stuck in an endless cycle where it constantly restarts over and over. I have tried booting into safe mode, last known good config, and no matter what option I try it restarts at the Windows 2000 starting screen, when the bar is about 75-100% complete then flashes a screen black screen with text but it is too quick to make out what the page says and then restarts. It does this constantly. Any idea's or suggestions?

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hello Goza,

I'd start by running chkdsk /r in the recovery console. This will scan and fix disk errors. For more info, please click here:

Please report back after you run this. :tazz: