Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost background image

• Please log in to reply

DangerousThing

DangerousThing

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
:tazz: Help! I have lost a background image on my supervisors computer. I was attempting to replace it with a "joke" image before his return from hospital and the image I selected to "save as background" replaced the image in the background file. Try as I might, I cannot find the original.....any thoughts?

btw...running Windows 2000

Edited by DangerousThing, 12 October 2005 - 04:25 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi DangerousThing!

Right click on the desktop and select PROPERTIES. Then click on the BACKGROUND tab and go through the list of pictures listed there and the old image should be there. Once you have found it just click APPLY and OK and you're all set.

Fenor

DangerousThing

DangerousThing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Would that it were that easy....As my screen name implies, I do have a little knowledge. That was the first step of my 45 minute plus search for the lost background. The image IS NOT there. It looks as thought it was replaced by the IE image I selected. Any additional input????

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Start < search and type *.jpg or *.bmp or *.gif and see if you can find any pictures on the hard drive like the one that you want.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 12 October 2005 - 06:25 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Would that it were that easy....As my screen name implies, I do have a little knowledge.

DangerousThing can mean many things, as of right now for some reason I cannot explain I'm afraid.....

:tazz: :) :woot: :woot: :woot: :P :P :P :rofl: :rofl:

As for what Michael Buckley said, I would try that, because if that doesn't find it then it's unfortunately not on your computer anymore :(

Fenor

DangerousThing

DangerousThing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Thanks for the suggestions. The search was encouraging, but did not produce the phantom file. Are there any other extensions that I might try. If I recall correctly, the backgorund was an "IE background".

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If it's an IE background then it's a page that was viewed on IE and would be in the Temporary Internet Files folder, but even in there it would be in jpeg/gif format...

Fenor

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
By IE background do you means web content?

If so please go Start < Control Panel < Display < Desktop < press Customize Desktop < Web and here you can add web content you you desktop maybe this is what you mean by an "IE background".