Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Won't Boot In Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

Ryan92584

Ryan92584

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I've recently gotten the trojan.vundo virus and i am trying to remove it. I need to boot the computer in safe mode to be able to do so. Once i click safe mode it boots up for a second in safe mode, a box pops up quickly and then the screen turns blank. I cannot read what the box says as it's only up for a nano second but i see it has a "yes" or "no" option. The screen doesn't turn completely blank, the desktop icons go away and it says safe mode on the top. If i press ctrl+alt+del it pops up but i can't do the scan that i'm supposed to.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Ryan92584! Welcome to G2G!

First I gotta say great name! (It's mine too :tazz: ).

Now for your problem, have you tried doing a Repair Installation of Windows? If you have your XP CD handy I suggest you do that. Don't worry all of your programs will still work afterwards, and you won't lose any of your settings or files. It only replaces the operating system files themselves (C:\WINDOWS).

Fenor

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
The safe mode problem is related to your Winfixer 2005 infection.

Please follow the instructions in your malware topic.