Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP loss of sound

• Please log in to reply

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is there any items with yellow exclamation/question marks in the DEVICE MANAGER?

Fenor

Advertisements

nArCkY

nArCkY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
nope, and same stuff there as last time you asked for the list =)

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Go into the CONTROL PANEL and double click ADD NEW HARDWARE. Let it search for items automatically and let me know if it finds anything.

Fenor

nArCkY

nArCkY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
k, did that, the wizard pops up, searchs, and asked if w/e i'm trying to install has been connected recently, i say yes and let it go (when no it says turn off comp and plug it in or w/e =P) then it brings up a list, when i click next on all of them it says "working properly" so i go to the bottum and use "add a new hardware device" did both the let it find it and install and advanced i look for it, on the recommended let them do it it takes me to a new list, i go under "Sound video and game controllers" everything is working properly, on advance everything is working properly lol...err anything specific u wanted me to do? i kinda just guess on what to do ^_^

-nArCkY

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Go to Windows Update and click on the CUSTOM button. After it finishes searching for updates for your computer, tell me if there is anything listed under the HARDWARE heading, which is located on the left side of the screen just below the OPTIONAL heading.

Fenor

nArCkY

nArCkY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
wierd...like 30 mins ago i did a update again while waiting for a responce...and it said nothing now i have a audio thing under high priority...and yup it works now...err any reason it didnt show up? and uhh any clue why this keeps happening? lol also Thank you tons fenor, /vote fenor president

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Did you happen to click EXPRESS last time instead of CUSTOM? Because if you click EXPRESS it only shows you the HIGH PRIORITY updates and not the optional or hardware updates that are available.

But your sound is working now? Good :tazz:

Fenor

nArCkY

nArCkY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
nope possitive, accualy after my reboot, i never used exspress =P

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
But your sound IS working now? LOL I sound like a broken record.

Fenor

nArCkY

nArCkY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
haha yea, it does, i was just asking if u know why it was happening, seems a lil wierd, also, where do you learn all this stuff? lol

Advertisements