Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

cruz619sd

cruz619sd

• Pip
  • 8 posts
When I open IE, no home page comes up. Yahoo shows up on the address bar and the bottom bar says done, but there is nothing on the screen from the site. I click the home button and the site comes up.

I repaired IE and even reloaded XP and it still does the same thing.

Has anyone had this problem? What was the fix?

Advertisements

Mike Empuria

Mike Empuria

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Do you have the search panel, history panel, bookmarks panel etc open when you use IE?
I've seen this happen when a panel is open and the screen resolution is low. It's as if IE can't show the page. If this is your problem try using IE without the panels open. I'm sorry but I don't know why it happens.

Mike

cruz619sd

cruz619sd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes, I have the entire toolbar and all those buttons work. The only way the homepage opens is when I click the home button. I can go to favorites and all those pages work when I select them too.

This is a wierd problem.

cruz619sd

cruz619sd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Closed all the panels and it still does the same thing.

Resolution is max, 1024 X 768 32 bit.

cruz619sd

cruz619sd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Get this...

I just changed the homepage from yahoo to msn and MSN works like a champ everytime.

Anyone ever seen this?????