Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning CDs'

• Please log in to reply

Romeyrome

Romeyrome

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I'm using Windows 98. Does anyone know where I could download DirectX 9 file? Or, can anyone suggest what program works w/ Windows 98, when it comes to burning music CDs'? Thnaks!

Romeyrome

Edited by Romeyrome, 15 October 2005 - 03:02 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It installs to 98SE so see what Windows Update has in optional downloads

rharris270

rharris270

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I used Easy CD Creator for several years to burn CDs with win98. As I recall, it was versions 5 and 6. Nero should also work. In any event, be sure to check the software requirements before buying any software, since some now requires XP (or win 2000). Easy CD Creator is now owned by Sonic and called Easy Media Creator, since it also does DVDs.

http://www.sonic.com/

Note that Nero usually offers a 30 day free trial via download. However, there are a few days each month when that offer is not available, days I guess that they are updating exactly what is downloaded. Version 7 was recently released.

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

By the way, didn't your CD-writer come with some software? Most do, although sometimes they are "lite" versions of these programs or their competitors.