Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need alittle advice

• Please log in to reply

elements hd

elements hd

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi,

i had been doing lattly a search and what i am looking for is aprogram that can protect the dll files in the system32 folder or windows folders from deleting or damaging or anything else cuz sometimes when i restart the windows and the loggin winxp shows up it just threw me to the checkdisk and begins checking,after finshing and restarting and when entering the windows it just pop up an error message, let me give you an example:

winlogon.exe cant load cuz didnt find the file (sfc_os.dll) and you should reinstall the program....... somthing like that i dont remember the exact words but i fixed it without reinstall.

so what i am afraid of that some day it will do the checkdisk and delete afile that worse then the example that i minshined.

:tazz: :)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue bar, reboot when the bar goes

Click start then help and support, undo changes to my computer, set a restore point, follow the instructions

elements hd

elements hd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
thx for the advice keith :woot:

but theres one little tiny problem :) i restarted my pc and everything is oky but, when i connect to the internet and view asite any site it looks wonderful but when i press the right button mouse (on any of the pages of the sites) the white box doesnt appear you know, this happen only in the MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER, :tazz: does any one knows what the problem could be if so please help...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is to repair IE

http://www.geekstogo...p?showtopic=251

elements hd

elements hd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
well that didnt resolve the problem still nothing appeares is there another way to fix it :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is to repair XP

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

This gives two chances

One is after you have run the repair

Two is after you run Microsoft Update

Your data and settings remain intact using this

http://www.geekstogo...p?showtopic=138