Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

viewing open ports with netstat -a

• Please log in to reply

edhalfdead

edhalfdead

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
While reading another post not_napster offered the netstat -a comand prompt to another member to check open ports. When I tried this a console screen apeared, started listing ports and then 'poof' disapears ,total show time about one second give or take a couple of tenths. I don't think this is normal. Any hints or tricks to get this to stay on screen untill the list is populated and I decide I want to remove it? Thanks in advance to all of the people who make this site what it is(a fountain of knowledge for us less compliterate folks)...ed

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Go to START - RUN - Type cmd.exe - type netstat -a.

It should then stay on the screen.

Please Let me know how you get on :tazz:

edhalfdead

edhalfdead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thank You cleverboy12. That worked perfectly. Yet another point for the geekstogo team :tazz:

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Thanks For Letting Me Know. :tazz:

If you have any further questions regarding the ports and such please do not hesitate to ask.

Cleverboy12 :)