Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

direct connection over phone line , for one on one game.

• Please log in to reply

tech174

tech174

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
" Back in the day" my "DOOM" game would connect , over a phone line without useing the internet , to someone elses game for a little one on one frag fest. Now since I am unable to get and kind of broadband connection ( or even a "good " dial up connection ) i was wondering if anyone out there knew if it was still possible to do this with ... say...Medal of Honor or even Unreal Tournament (original) . I realize the connection will still be through the phone line , but the playing field will be level :tazz: .

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
would the connection be local?(like another machine in your house?) or...like...across a city?

tech174

tech174

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
It would be across town.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
ah....then...i guess it should be possible....you can set up a direct connection through hyperterminal.....i think most games now use internet based servers...but...it may be possible...have you checked the game's website for a m anual?

tech174

tech174

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I couldn't find anything on the websites, but thanks for the suggestion. BTW the "server " would be my copy of the game. I just want to be able to play one other person on the other side of town.