Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIN 98SE Problem: This file does not have a program associated with it

• Please log in to reply

UkGunner

UkGunner

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am trying to run the setup file for a new piece of unlocking software i have purchased to use on my laptop running windows 98SE but whenever i try run the setup i get a windows error box like this

INST.CMD

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in My Computer by clicking View and then clicking Folder Options.

Ok i get kinda of what its saying but what do i do this please any help would be great.

Matty B

Edited by UkGunner, 13 October 2005 - 10:25 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi ukgunner,

This seems rather odd.

Is the new software 98se compatible?

Also - are you able to install other software or are you getting the same message?

Edited by 1069, 13 October 2005 - 11:46 AM.

UkGunner

UkGunner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yeh the software is only compatiable with older widows as is most of my unlocking software thats why i use the laptop with 98SE intstead of XP for this type of software i have not had problems installing any other software on there only this one. If anyone thinks it will help i can email them the software or upload it somewhere for them to check it out and let me know what they think

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Does this help? http://support.micro...&NoWebContent=1

UkGunner

UkGunner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Does this help? http://support.micro...&NoWebContent=1

Am sorry to say nothing there to help :tazz: anyone who wants to check can find the file here have uploaded to my site www.mbcommunications.tk look in the downloads section for a file called fordal.rar thanks so far for the help you have tried 1069 and to any other who have any ideas and this is not spam i promise to show i mean that i will offer free nokia unlocks to anyone here who needs them

Edited by UkGunner, 13 October 2005 - 03:52 PM.

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi again :)

I have just downloaded the offending file from your website- and I get the same error message.

I have, however got past the problem - I think.

If you can see the skull icon right click on it. Select "Open with WINRAR"

You will be given a few options - select "Sentinel.exe" This began the installation process - I did not let it continue but it looks as if it should work - I hope :tazz:

Let me know how you get on.

UkGunner

UkGunner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry about the late reply will try it now and get back to you with the result thanks for your time and help on this

UkGunner

UkGunner

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just tried it worked great thank you so much your a star was just about to give up on it and install a dual boot XP and 98 on my laptop so thank you for saving me the hassle :tazz: :) :woot:

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
You are very welcome :tazz: