Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help Badly!

• Please log in to reply

Petrusik

Petrusik

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Ok , when i go to my control panel and i click to search for new hardware... i get a pop up mesage that" Cannot Run Two Device Installation" and You can install only one device at a time. Another device installation is underway, when it is finised you can try this wizard again." :)

I have no idea what that means... I have tried everything.. Oh, and ... I had problems with my Laptop.. so i had to reformat HD.. When i did.. well HP Service did.. :P
I had NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M video card installed.. and still do.. but my computer tells me that i DON'T
and i have shared memmory Physical address extension. Why?.. I have Video card installed... Before reformat i had 64M card showed there when i righ clicked on properties of My Computer.. Now i don't and my add New Hardware program is messed up..
Need help badly.. :woot: :woot: :woot: :P

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic-Hardware Search
Date- 13th Oct-2005
Poster-Petrusik

Hi – Welcome

Well I looked at the attached Report – It looks like you have a [Bluetooth Wireless] Device which you have attempted to Install many times – Possibly on IEEE 1394 Interface – And/or via USB –

And as a result you seem to have a conflict with your Video Card – and this Device -

I believe the Root Cause of your problem is – ACPI
(Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) A power management specification developed by Intel, Toshiba and Microsoft that makes hardware status information available to the operating system. ACPI enables a PC to turn its peripherals on and off for improved power management especially in portables.

This usually gets in the way during an Installation of Certain Devices – and needs to be [Disabled]

1st - You need to [Disable] ACPI in your BIOS – [Power Management Setup] Section
2nd – You need to set {Device Manager] to show [Non Present Devices] so you can Uninstall the [Bluetooth] problem Device/s (??) –

Here is a Procedure – (Contains 2 Phases) – That will prep [Device Manager] to View [Non Present Devices] – In order to view them for the [un-installation/s] –

Preparation Process for [DEVICE MANAGER] to View [Non Present Devices] – This is a 2 Step process that needs to be done only once –

Step – 1 Set [Folder Options] to [Show Hidden Files & Folders]
Step – 2 Set [Device Manager] to [Show Non Present Devices]

Step – 1 Open [Control Panel] and set [Folder Options] to show [Hidden Files & Folders] – (1 time process)

(1) – Click [Start] Button
(2) – Scroll up to [SETTINGS] > Click on [CONTROL PANEL]
(3) – Open [Folder Options]
(4) – Click on [VIEW] Tab
(5) – Scroll down to [Hidden Files & Folders]
(6) – Click the [SHOW HIDDEN FILES & FOLDER] Option
(7) – Deselect OPTION – [Hide Protected OS Files – Recommended]
(8) – Click [OK]
(9) – Close [Control Panel]

Step – 2 Prep [DEVICE MANAGER] to view [Non Present Devices] –( 1 time process)

(1) – Right Click [MY COMPUTER] > Click [PROPERTIES] on Drop Down Menu –
(2) – Click [ADVANCED] Tab – (on System Properties)
(3) – Click [ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES] Tab -
(4) – Under [SYSTEM VARIABLES] Section – Click [NEW] Tab –
(5) – In [NAME] Section – Type – devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices
(6) – In [VALUE] Section – Type the number 1
(7) – Close out by Clicking [OK] Tabs – 3 Times – (3 levels/panels to close)
(8) – Click on [START] Button > Then click on [RUN] –
(9) – Type – devmgmt.msc – and then Click [OK] – This will open [DEVICE MANAGER]
(10)– Click [VIEW] on Menu > Click [Show Hidden Devices] on Pop Down Menu –
(11) – View [Hidden Devices] – Indicated by Faded Gray Print – (Close when completed) –
(12) – Restart Computer – (To ensure a good [Initial] beginning -

After Windows is Running –

Open [Device Manager] in Normal manner & Set [VIEW] options to [SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES]

Standard Process to Open [DEVICE MANAGER] with [Show Hidden Devices] Option set -

(1) – Right Click [MY COMPUTER]
(2) – Browse down [Menu] to [Properties] > Double Click to Open Properties Page
(3) – Click on [HARDWARE] Tab
(4) – Click on [Device Manager] Tab
(5) – Click on [View} on Menu Bar
(6) – **Click on [Show Hidden Files]**
(7) – Expand Folders as reqyired
(8) – You need to double left click or right click each line to reveal additional info
(9) – [Non Present Devices] will be denoted by –(Light/faded gray print)

** Step 6 will have to be set to [Show Hidden Files] on each opening of [Device Manager] **

Expand Folders – You should be able to see [Non Present Devices] which are Indicated/Represented by the [Faded/Muted Light Gray Print] – [Present Devices] are the ones listed with [Bold Print] – You are also looking to see any Devices that have [Yellow Warning] Signs posted -

Now – This is about all the further I can go at this point – I need more info – Post back a summary of what you see with [Device Manager] – some more info on the Devices that you are trying to install –

I need verification – Am I addressing your problem – or did I make a wrong turn – somewhere –

Here is a Link that may help with Installation -
http://www.bluetooth.com/

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 13 October 2005 - 02:56 PM.

Petrusik

Petrusik

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yes i have found i have many USB devices installed.. it shows that i have 3 USb installed and 1 mouse USB... but my laptop only has 3 USB ports.. and i think hardware manager trying to find 4th one.. but can't find it.
Thnx ALot you were really helpful!! :tazz: :)

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic-Hardware Search-(#2)
Date- 15th Oct-2005
Poster-Petrusik

OK – Post back if you have any questions -

If you need more USB Ports – You can purchase a [USB HUB] that can expand a USB to 4 0r 7 Ports – Just make sure you obtain a [Self Powered] to reduce [Power Strain] from Laptop – See Link - below
http://www.usbgear.com/USBG-7U2.html

You can try PC Connection – Tiger Direct – Kanguru –

Jack123