Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email problem

• Please log in to reply

eroz

eroz

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all,

After searching the web and coming across this site, I thought I would definately find help here. It's a simple email problem that I cannot solve myself. I have Comcast internet service but my email which I access through ms outlook has not been downloading. I will hit send/receive and the box pops open showing whatever messages are coming or going but it reaches 50% and stalls. After a while the error box pops open and no success. I don't know if I changed a setting to cause this but I haven't been able to fix it. I actually have to access my email account outside of ms outlook through the net.

I realize this isn't a very technical question after reviewing a few of the other posts, but if anyone can help me out here I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

eroz :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
has it ever worked? or has it always been broken? what is the actual error that it gives you? did you change anything in outlook recently? have you called comcast?

eroz

eroz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes it has always worked up till a couple of days ago. The error message I get reads "the operation timed out waiting for a resonse from the receiving pop server." No I haven't tried Comcast yet and no I haven't changed any settings in outlook. Aside from calling Comcast any ideas?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with that error i'd call comcast first..they may have changed their pop server without telling you...or there may be something wrong with the line...

everything else about your internet connection works right?