Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

call of duty servers

• Please log in to reply

{501st}cpt.Tree Rat

{501st}cpt.Tree Rat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) hi, ive been playing call of duty for a while now, and me and my clan are trying to set up a server, preferably a free one, although i have been told they are worse i tried setting one up through codboards.com and for a year it came to $1440 for a 30 player server :tazz: so i would be very greatful if anyone could help me with this, thanks either answer in here or email me at [email removed] :thumbsup:

edit: email removed to prevent harvesting by spam bots.

Edited by admin, 08 January 2005 - 10:32 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go! About the cheapest you'll find a decent gaming server is $2/slot. For a 30 person server that's $60/mo x 12 months = $720 year. You'll also want to consider where the server is located. The closer you are, the lower the pings will be. If your clan is spread all over the county, or the world, try and find a central location to lease one.

Hawks

Hawks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey i was wondering if you sell Call of Duty server. If you do how much would it cost for a 16 man server, 18 man server, and a 20 man server. Please reply as soo as possible. Thank you :tazz:

Hawks

Hawks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay Back again. About the servers, how much would it cost for a 16-20 man server for Call of Duty version 1.1

-=TRL=-Sinkilla[Mg.Gen]FG

-=TRL=-Sinkilla[Mg.Gen]FG

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Cant you host your own server by buying like uhhhhh server hosting processor or somethin like that¿ And also why do u have to pay for servers? its not like your building a computer.....

Vortex

Vortex

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey i was wondering if you sell Call of Duty server. If you do how much would it cost for a 16 man server, 18 man server, and a 20 man server. Please reply as soo as possible. Thank you :tazz:

View Post

2 dollars per person. do the math.

ffrenchyftw

ffrenchyftw

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys and gals

I;ve had a problem with hosting a cod2 server and i'm crying for help!

I've portforwarded the correct ports, I created a dedicated server on teh internet and i'm running cod2 1.3!

IT KEEPS APPEARING IN LAN!!!

Please can you help me figure out why this is!
I can't find an answer anywhere :)

Cheers for reading!

ffrenchyftw :)

Ageniendy

Ageniendy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey fellow webmasters, has anyone had much success with this host? It seems that there's a lack of honest people willing to step forward!

Thx!

Posted Image

Posted Image

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Hi there.

Firstly yes you can host your own server from home and for free! But this is a VERY Complicated method, not always the most reliable, and success can drastically vary depending on your computer, internet connection, router your using and general basic understanding of networking. To host a server you do NOT need to buy any extra or new equipment in most cases.

It can be done as yes, i used to host one on COD 1 And COD 4

If you are looking at how to do this please read this post and follow suggestions on there

http://www.geekstogo...ome-t25785.html

If you require detailed assistants post back here or pm me and i'll give you as much help as possible!

Secondly, Paying for professional hosting is also an option if you have the funds. To work out how much it will cost you it is usually around $2 a slot, So if you wanted a 30 Person server, thats 30 x $2 = $60 a month.

Doing a bit of research in to this can help you find the best deals around. Google is your best freind for this.

Hope this helps
Spud