Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot change Samba expert global settings

• Please log in to reply

amyree

amyree

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am logged in as root and it will not let me change any settings. I went into the smb.conf file using vi and it let me set the os level but it changes it back to 65 when I go into yast and make changes. I cannot change any setting in the Samba server expert global settings.

There is a Window server already set up right now and I don't want to mess it up while I'm trying to set up user accounts and email on the Samba server.
Please help me!!!!

My apache2 was working until I started working on the Samba server. Now it give me this error

starting httpd2 (prefork) (99)Cannot assign requested address: make_socket: could not bind to address 192.168.0.200:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
unable to open logs

:tazz:

Advertisements

amyree

amyree

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My apache is running again, I just changed the ip address. Still no luck getting settings to stick in Samba. Open to any suggestions or recommendations. Thanks.