Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File won't delete. Tried everything

• Please log in to reply

Selket

Selket

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had Norton System Works on my system. I removed the program but found out that the nprotect file in the recycle bin was still there. I reinstalled Norton's to try to take it off that way and it didn't work. Properties shows that it has 123 files 0 folders 644kb on disk. I have tried KillBox, MoveOnBoot, booting up in safe mode, using the command prompt, shutting down explorer and using the command prompt and using everyother file delete program that I could get my hands on. Nothing is working. Right now I have a fairly small disk and really need every kb of space I can get. Is there anything short of wiping the entire drive that will get rid of that folder? I have a lot of programs on my drive that I would really hate to have to reinstall. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Advertisements

seanshaffer23

seanshaffer23

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
You can try erasing the recycle bin maually. Follow these steps:

When you get the C:\> prompt, type in;

deltree c:\recycled\*.* (OR)
deltree c:\recycled\filename.ext (OR)
deltree c:\recycled (deletes the entire directory).

If that doesn't work, please let me know. Good luck!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Selket...Welcome to G2G!

Have a look at the information on This Page...you will have to have the norton application installed for this to work.

Let us know how it goes.

wannabe1