Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is rtxrnc.exe?

• Please log in to reply

gdubau

gdubau

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Can't find rtxrnc.exe anywhere in files or on the web. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad app but want to get rid of it if necesary. My system has been attacked recently. Don't ask for a HJT because all my double-click execution capabilities have been disabled. Any info is appreciated.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you what to know if the file is malware or not go to Jotti File Submission:

That is the best place to upload files to see if they are bad or not.

gdubau

gdubau

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Michael- Thanks. Jotti did not find anything with it. Before closing this out though, a couple of thoughts. In system32 I have an rtxrna, an rtxrnb and an rtxrne, but my registry is looking for rtxrnc, which led me to be suspect. Secondly, this is the first time Google came up with no matches, which surprised me. And lastly, Jotti posts a big disclaimer that its results are not final. Finally, would you recommend deleting it from the registry along with the entries in system32? Thanks.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I don't think that I would delete it because it might belong to something valid. If you realy think that you have something bad, I would go Malware forum. It puts the files through so many Anti Virus programs that I am sure that it is not bad.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you're going to delete it make a zipped copy, so that you can unzip it if it turns out to be harmless or benign.