Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Trojan - yet again

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
As others on this board, I have Trojan Vunno that is in my C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebcy.dll

Now I don't even know what my gebcy does...much less how it got infected. I have downloaded the VundoFix and started the process....but when I got to where you enter C:\WINDOWS\system32\sstqq.dll

my computer said it could not find this file in my system. Of course, I could not go any further.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks from an extremely computer challenged person!!!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Sorry to be sooo stupid. I finally realized I was putting in someone's file location (not mine).

I put mine in (and then panicked until I figured out that the second instruction was just reversing the letters of the first file name and ended with a .*

Anyway, it seems to have worked. I did run into message:

Line 3
Char 2
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.
Code 80070002
Source (null)

I hit OK and the fix still seemed to work. I also did the clean up. As soon as I am sure this really fixed it, I will be forwarding money to both the Vundo program and the Cleanup guy for their help.

Sorry to be so much trouble. But I did warn that I was technically challenged!

Thanks again.