Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Documents and settings

• Please log in to reply

dan253

dan253

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: I am running WindowsXP Home SP2 and in my documents and settings I have 10 different folders, each with different entries. I have Administrator,Administrator-Owner. All Users, All isers-Windows, Daniel wilson, Default user, Default user-windows, Guest, owner, and Owner-Grandpas Computer.I don't know how all of these folders were created. They all seem to have some of the same content but each has additional items.
I always log on as Owner and I am the only person using this computer.Is it possable to combine the contents of each folder into the Owners folder and eliminate the other folders without creating problems?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello

You only need to copy the my documents out of each users account and only what you what to keep of it, most of the other stuff can go. Then while in the account you what to keep go
Start < Control Panel < User Accounts
You should be able to see the remove account for those accounts that you don't what to keep, also select when removing the account to delete the account's files.

Once you have finished post back saying what folders are left.