Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

scrolling problem please help

• Please log in to reply

em17

em17

• Pip
  • 3 posts
not sure what has happened but for some reason when I scroll down or up on any web page its bery jerky not smooth it stutters..
any help would be greatly appreiciated as its so frustrating

Advertisements

edhalfdead

edhalfdead

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
Hi em17,
in internet explorer,open the tools menue. Drop down to internet options and press that button. That opens internet properties. Hit the Advanced tab, and scroll down to Use smooth scrolling and check the box next to it. Go down to the bottom of the internet properties box, hit apply then enter. That should take care of the problem. Post back with your results. If that doesn't do it, then someone else here will be more than happy to help. They have helped me with all kinds of different problems....ed

em17

em17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Ed thanks so much for that I have already tried that and it didn't
work so I hope someone can help me...
cheers Em

nhojo

nhojo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello em17.

I've had lots of problems since reloading XP including the scrolling problem with the display. The Smooth Scrolling was ticked, so that wasn't the problem, but then I realized I needed to reinstall (setup) my NVidea Graphics card.

The scrolling problem is fixed.
So many things to remember to reinstall after a big change.

Hope this helps.