Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

16 bit Windows Subsystem

• Please log in to reply

Classy2

Classy2

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
16 bit Windows Subsystem

C:\DOCUM~\ADMIN~2.CUD\LOCALS~1\TEMP
A temp file needed for initalization could not be created or could
not be written to. Make sure that the directory path exists, and disk space
is available.

I am logged in as " Admistrator1". Why is it looking under a user thats NOT logged in?

Respectfully,
Classy

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
C:\DOCUM~\ADMIN~1 would = C:\Documents and Settings\Adminstrator

C:\DOCUM~\ADMIN~2 would = C:\Documents and Settings\Adminstrator1

I had the same error once This fixed it for me. Test it out and the post back saying what happened.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Thanks for getting back to me Michael.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD
It is already set that way. I did check more closely at Administrator1.CUDDLES\Local settings\temp... theres a CPTF folder & under that folder is a folder called "hsperdata_Administrator1'. Im not sure of its meaning but it may help. Also, "Administrator1.CUDDLES" does NOT exist as an "User". No one here logs in under that name. I'll be online looking for your messages, if your online now.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
The document says to delete
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD
Are you saying it is already deleted?

Since it is a temp folder can you please download CCleaner install and run it, it might fix something. How many users do you have and what are they called? And what is the name of every folder under C:\Documents and Settings?

Also when dose this happen?

Edited by Michael Buckley, 14 October 2005 - 03:55 PM.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
[size=7]
Hi Michael, Under my Doc & Set, I have the following that are listed as offffical Users;
Administrator
Administrator1
Corey
Cuddles

Unoffical Users
Default user
Administrator1.CUDDL.ES
LocalService
NetworkService

Michael, I under this forum is busy, however, I am online with NO firewall and this forujm says
not to connect a firewall till my sys is clear of malware. Can you help get help in a somewhat
urgent situation. I ran CCleaner and every other program your forum reccommends.
With Regards,
Lyn

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I am presuming that the offical Users are those with user accounts, and you want to keep them.

Of the unoffical users all are needed execpt
Administrator1.CUDDL.ES
and you can delete that if you what to.

Are you saying that you have malware if so you whould post in the malware fourm.

Never heard about not useing a firewall, I would get one working as soon a posible.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 15 October 2005 - 09:31 PM.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Michael,
Thank you for getting me help with someone who knows much more than I do.
I've tried to delete the user in safe mode and it said files are being used or write protected. How do I unwrite protect these files?
I downloaded Sygate Firewall but its aking me permersion to run addresses to applications to which is beyond my knowledge.
Do I need Services 32, if so why is it asking, and some otheR I/O driver. Im I right in blocking these?
BTW I like I wish I was more computer knowledgable to use your "Host program"
Warmly,
Classy

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hi
Service32 if I am right is malware!!!
Lets forget about that folder for now. I need you malware free. Please read This and then post in the Malware Fourm. One you are clean come back here.

If HiJack this is the "Host program" you are takling about you can learn how to use it. If you are willing to put in the work you could join Here

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
[size=5]
Good Evening Michael, Thank you for reffering me to join and help the forum, Im flatered. I am a helper but
Im not to sure if I qualify. I do love to spend hours fixing application errors and love tweaking my system to run more efficently.
Investigating my 16 bit problem; I noticed under Componet services, under Computer\properties; it had the name CUDDLES. I didnt see a way in there to delete or change it. Strangest thing too last night I was logged in as ''Admistrator1'' and when I downloaded a program it put in ''Admistrator1.CUDDLES.
After I clean out all this maleware maybe fixing it will come easier.
I did post a hijacked post. I would appreciate it if you can check it to make it can be seen. Obviously, my other Hijaacked post got lost at least 3 weeks ago.
If you have the time, can you tell me if I did help on here, what my first job would be appointed to me since I only as I need to know my computer.
Warmly,
Classy2

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello

I am sorry I can't help you with your log, another two weeks or so I am will be able to, just not quite yet I have not been though all the training. If no one replies for three days post Here.

Once you are clean I it will be a lot easier to help you. If you like to tweak your computer maybe you would know some tweaks I could add Here

All you have to be able to do to join GeekU is to be able to Read (I have this idea form some where that you can :tazz: ), you will learn every thing else you need to know.

Advertisements

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
hello Michael, I love to read if its in an familar topic I've had experience. How many pages and does it come with diagrams. I do understand peoples frustrations with thier sudden or if they ben invaded by maleware.
In an emergency I downloaded Sygate Firewalll im not impressed with thier lil check box which says "do not ask again", lol
Sleepless in NY,
Classy

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Not too many pages, it teaches you how to rearch what is good any bad in a HiJack This log and then there are practice logs you have to do. A bit every day over a few months.

I don't like Sygate either, I have heard that Symantec it going to bye it out soon. I use Kerio Personal firewall but you can download that any more. Zone Alarm is the only good one left.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
I had Zone Alarm. Thier people that help were not vry kind our understanding that I was in very unfamilar territor. So, I went on to trendmicro and Pand and was very pleased except for the expired date.
Where you from, you're up early or just the right time? For me its the right time, I can think better.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you look

<----There it says I am form Australia, it is 4:40PM, a nice time of day to be on line.

Zone Alarm is good, just did not agree with some of the other programs I had. Sorry you can download Kerio Personal Edtion Here just they do not suport it and will not update it. Worth useing I think, you do lose some features you don't need after a month.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 18 October 2005 - 12:49 AM.

Classy2

Classy2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
Sounds like a fine time over there. Its quiet here and 3:20 am
Looks good to me. I will uninstall this anoying popup Sygate which ingores me. And try Kerio firewall.
Is it easy to use? I have no experience in IP and POP3 knowledge.
Is there a way to send personal messssages on here, or is talking like this ok with the forum.
Sleepless in NY
Classy