Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CASE FANS

• Please log in to reply

krayz

krayz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a Thermaletake case 6000 series. My computer shuts down a few times a day. One of the fans below the power supply doesn't seem to work all the time. I have taken the side off of the computer and have a house fan blowing into the power supply unit and that seems to gap the shut downs but it still shut's down at least once a day. Does anyone know of a good 80mm fan that blow's air like [bleep].
Or should i replace the power supply??
Not sure how to get a good fan there are so many. I am going to replace all the fans not just the one fan that doesn't work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kray-z

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

One of the fans below the power supply doesn't seem to work all the time.

Is this fan on the motherboard? Sounds like it could be the heatsink fan for the CPU. :tazz:

krayz

krayz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
No the fan that is not working is not on the motherboard, it's an out take i think. My cpu temp is between 39 and 41 celcius constantly.
The fans that i have in there are 80mm can i exchange them for a 120mm?

Thanks in advance.
kray-z

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Krayz

You can change the 80cm fan for a 120cm fan, but the back of the case holes have been created for a 80cm fan, which would probably be blocking alot of the airflow out with the 120, that and you will have to drill new bolt holes. :tazz: ahhh, little bits of metal inside your case. You can try changing the fan, but depending on your motherboard, some fan connections are set up so that the fan will come on when a certain temp is reached inside your case.

Try a replacement fan, most 80cm are very close to fpm (feet per minute) in air movement, usually cheap, you could see if there is another fan connector close by on the mb and try another connector. Cheaper that replacing the cpu or mb if something burns up. Hope this helps.