Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hair with Black & White 2

• Please log in to reply

Bigshow18

Bigshow18

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys, i recently got BW2 and its running nicely, but my main beef is that my creature has no hair! And because many of the other thing in BW2 use the same effect, my fields are empty and my meadows are bare.

i'm running the game with a ATI Radeon 9200 and i was wondering what's the lowest card anyone is using and still getting hair on their creature.

Also if anyone can tell me how to get hair with my current card i'd appreciate it!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if its supposed to have hair and you can't see it then you wil need to update your video card to a 9600 or higher. the 9200 does not support the necassary pixal shaders to display that properly.

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
even some high cards have problems with it that means that lionhead rated your card as minispec so there is no fur you CAN turn the fur on but it's not advisable

Bigshow18

Bigshow18

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yea the option for 'blooming' (which i assume is hair, grass, etc) is shaded out, so i guess that there's no hope for my creature becoming hairy.