Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NIC issue of WIndows 2000 PRO

• Please log in to reply

redwave250443

redwave250443

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
My OS installed in my machine is Windows 2000 pro, the brand of mainboard is lenovo with Intel 440BX chip,128/M SDRAM memory, an old computer!

Because of the USB host controller incorrection, I entered safe-mode of Windows 2000 PRO to deleted the USB host controller on the devices management. After rebooting, I entered normal-mode, but I found that the Reatek 8139 NIC was disappeared and OS reported "finding new hardware". What happened? Actually I didn't delete the NIC? Thank you in advance!Be grateful!

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Hello redwave250443 and welcome to Geeks To Go,
:tazz:

The reason that you received the Found New Hardware Wizard, for your Network Interface Card (NIC), after deleting the Open Host Controller(OHC), is that the OHC and NIC were most likely sharing the same Interrupt Request Line (IRQ). If Your are sharing IRQ's : when you delete one of the devices from that IRQ, In most cases, the other will also be deleted.

redwave250443

redwave250443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Thanks! I have found the same issue as you said! That is it!