Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

WINME: _Restore/archive

• Please log in to reply

paultjep

paultjep

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the suspicion that this is a very common question but i could't find the answer here.

In my c:\_restore\archive there are more than 3000 files named fsXXXX (with xxxx a numer)

I suspect these have anything to do with the options to restore a system to the config of a certain earlier time.
But on this rather old computer 3 gig is a lot of space so the question is, can I delete them ? maybe except the newest one ? Can i configure the system not to make these files ? or only if I manually want to ?

My thanks are already enormous :tazz:

Paul

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi paultjep! Welcome to G2G!

What I would do if I was you is disable system restore. Follow this link for how to do this.

Once you have rebooted your computer, follow the steps on the link, but this time turn system restore back on.

Fenor

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
If you need to clean up your system of unnecessary files download Easy Cleaner from here: http://www.majorgeek...ownload414.html

It does a good job of removing files that are no longer needed.

Use UNNECESSARY and REGISTRY only. (I check the top 4 boxes in unnecessary )

Do not delete any Duplicate files as some are needed.

Don't be surprised if you find hundreds of unneeded files when you first run it.

paultjep

paultjep

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you guys,

The responses were very quik and very usefull !!

in the future I know were to go if I have another question :tazz:

Greetings

Paultjep