Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this laptop good?

• Please log in to reply

Japstar

Japstar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Can anyone check out this laptops specs and tell me the pros and cons
HP Pavilion zd8202AP
It's $3000AUD

Specifications
Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 640 (#) with HT Technology and EM64T (3.2GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB)
Operating system Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Audio Altec Lansing branded speakers, AC97 audio, volume control and mute button
Battery 2.2AHr 12-cell Lithium-Ion battery
Cache 2MB Level-2 Cache
Dimensions 4.98cm(H) x 39.88cm(W) x 29.03cm(D)
Display 17.0" colour TFT WXGA+ (1440 x 900) wide viewing angle, BrightView 16:10 Widescreen
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon X600 PCI-Express X16 Graphics (128MB DDR SDRAM)
Hard drive 80GB (5400 rpm)
I/O interfaces (1) 6-in-1 Digital Media Reader slot, (1) IEEE 1394 port, (1) S-video port, (1) VGA port, (1) Headphone, (1) External Microphone, (1) AC power connector, (1) RJ-11, (1) RJ-45, (1) Infrared port (only for infrared remote control), (4) USB 2.0 ports
Keyboard Full-size keyboard with separate numeric keypad
Maximum memory Upgradeable to 2GB max (with discard)
Modem High speed 56K modem
Network Integrated 10/100 LAN Ethernet, integrated wireless LAN 802.11g, integrated Bluetooth
Optical drive LightScribe Dual Layer DVD±RW/±R
PC card slots (1) Type I/II PC Card Slot with support for 16-bit PCMCIA and 32-bit Cardbus, (1) ExpressCard/54 Slot
Pointing device Touchpad pointing device with dedicated vertical scroll and on/off switch button
Pre-installed software Microsoft® Windows® Media Player 10, Microsoft® Money 2005, Microsoft® Works 8.0, Microsoft® Encarta Standard, Adobe Acrobat Reader, InterVideo WinDVD Player, InterVideo Home Theater, Sonic Digital Media Plus, Sonic RecordNow!, Sonic MyDVD, Muvee AutoProducer DVD Edition, iTunes, HP Image Zone plus, Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2005, Symantec Norton Internet Security 2005
Security features Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
Standard memory 512MB (2 x 256MB) DDR2 SDRAM (400MHz)
Status display System Power, AC Power status, NUM Lock, CAPS Lock, Battery charging, HDD/Optical activity, Touchpad on/off, Media slot, Mute, Wireless
System memory 512MB (2 x 256MB) DDR2 SDRAM (400MHz), upgradeable to 2GB
Weight 4.2kg - may vary, depending on configuration and components

Thanks
Japstar

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
looks good to me & HP are pretty solid, so I'd say go for it.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Only bad thing I would note is the 5400RPM hard drive, which is odd for a system with specs so new....

Fenor

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Only bad thing I would note is the 5400RPM hard drive, which is odd for a system with specs so new....

Fenor

5400rpm is about as fast as laptop drives get. They're either 4200rpm or 5400rpm, so this is the fastest you can expect.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
There are 7200 RPM ones out now.

http://www.bixnet.co...722innohad.html
http://www.google.co...fFgYAAAAAAAAAAA
http://www.google.co...39oKAAAAAAAAAAA

Just to name a few :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Still would have to agree with you though Samm, that laptop is [bleep] sweet for the money!

Fenor

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

There are 7200 RPM ones out now.

Nice work Fenor, I was looking for 7200rpm 2.5in drives a little while ago & couldn't find any! About time they started to produced laptop drives faster than 5400rpm.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
I personally don't see the point of a 17 in. laptap on pentium 4. Sure it will be powerful and stuff but where's the mobility? You can get a much better desktop for $3k.

But it's up to you.

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
So are there any major cons in it

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
...just the amount of $$$$ they want for it. Otherwise it looks fine to me.