Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
this is the message that comes on screen when trying to go into xp setup i am trying to install xp right now but here is the message>

A prblem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

the problem seems to be caused by the following file: framebuf

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen apears again, follow these steps:

the device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. this usually indicates problem with the device its self or with the device driver programing the hardware incorrectly.

please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

technicle information:

*** stop: 0x000000EA (0x80E3C020, 0x80E6FC38, 0x80E71010, 0x00000001) framebuf

and so i restarted it and it did the same thing> i put ms-dos on it and nothing the HD is western digital 120 GB 7500 rpm

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
It's typically a device driver problem associated with your video card. MS gives its suggestions: here (click).

Try those and tell us how they work.

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok ill try thanx