Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

not sure what it is!?

• Please log in to reply

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
this is the message that comes on screen when trying to go into xp setup i am trying to install xp right now but here is the message>

A prblem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

the problem seems to be caused by the following file: framebuf

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen apears again, follow these steps:

the device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. this usually indicates problem with the device its self or with the device driver programing the hardware incorrectly.

please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

technicle information:

*** stop: 0x000000EA (0x80E3C020, 0x80E6FC38, 0x80E71010, 0x00000001) framebuf

and so i restarted it and it did the same thing> i put ms-dos on it and nothing the HD is western digital 120 GB 7500 rpm

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tazz:

Edited by the70sin2005, 14 October 2005 - 05:51 AM.

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
found it:

Stop 0x000000EA or THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem is causing the system to pause indefinitely. Typically, this problem is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter or a faulty video driver.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers (especially video drivers) or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

xp setup? did you used to have xp? if you're setting it up then just disregard and use the cd to boot for a reinstall. if not, check video driver by booting into safe mode.

Edited by Thef0rce, 14 October 2005 - 07:31 AM.

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
how do you boot into safe mode and no i didnt have xp on it i just got a new drive my old one was only 2 gb and it got dammaged so i got a new 120 gb HD and now i installed xp and it is trying to get to the setup screen but it cant do anything....... i was just thinking of getting a new GFX card will that work?

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i am not sure what to download cause all i know is that it is a dell comp. and the gfx card is built into the mother board and it is an ATI.

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
To get into safe mode, immediately once past the BIOS screen tap F8 on the keyboard, this will bring up a list of startup options including safe mode.

As for driver updates, your BIOS should tell you which motherboard you have, you can then go to Dell's website and find the latest drivers. Since you mentioned that the video is integrated a BIOS update might also solve your problem, often the issues that the upgrade will fix are listed.

the70sin2005

the70sin2005

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
ok thanx alot for your help!!!!