Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Find Router Lan IP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ozzy20k

ozzy20k

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have not got access to the LAN IP of my router (siemens sb5830) and am unable to reset it. Is there anyway i can find the lan ip of the router without using a command prompt as my user entitlements restrict this?

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
:tazz: I found a manual in french and I can't speak french lol. but after a bit of hunting I found that the default router ip for the router is 192.68.254.254. if you haven't made any changes then that should be it

you know, if you just want to reset it, there's a little button on the router itself that you push with a paper clip that'll just reset everything.

Edited by Thef0rce, 14 October 2005 - 07:18 AM.

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hey ozzy20k, Welcome to G2G

Several things:

When you say LAN IP adddress, do you mean the Public or Private IP address? If your user profile keeps your from using a command prompt, you will not be able to renew ANY IP address. Why do you need to reset it?

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
well he can.. by forcing the hardware to disconnect and hoping that it'll get a new one when he reconnects

find broadcast ip by going to any site that tells you.

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I have not got access to the LAN IP of my router (siemens sb5830) and am unable to reset it. Is there anyway i can find the lan ip of the router without using a command prompt as my user entitlements restrict this?

Read this again. He can't even get a command prompt, what makes you think he will be able to power cycle the router? The Siemens SB5830 is hardly what I would call a home user router. This sounds like a work environment, user profiles are used for a reason. :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
There should be a small button at the back of the Router saying reset! It is very small you will have to press it using a pen or a pin!

Edited by Game_Freak, 14 October 2005 - 07:38 PM.

ozzy20k

ozzy20k

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you i will try the default IP couldnt find that anywhere than try resetting it. The reason I am tryin to find the IP is so i can make a DMZ on it. It is a router that was supplied by work for use with my work laptop but I would also like to set up xbox live through the connection and cant do this without finding the IP. I dont think the people in IT at work would find this a suitable use of their time so im doing it myself

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I dont think the people in IT at work would find this a suitable use of their time so im doing it myself

I don't think they'd find this a suitable use of your time, either. Since this equipment is owned by your employer, and they restricted you from doing this type of thing....we won't be helping you with it here, either.