Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

print spooler

• Please log in to reply

terryco

terryco

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
a couple of days ago my lexmark z55 printer and wireless keyboard both stopped working. i did scans with giant anti spyware, and found nothing. norton found a hacktool that could not be deleted or quarentined,and on thier suggestion i turned off system restore and updated the latest virus definitions but still no printer is showing as being installed, so now i cannot do a restore because all restore points have been cleared. i tried reinstalling both devices and get the message could not start the print spooler service on local computer error 1075 the dependency service does not exst or has been marked for deletion. i had been advised to intall ewido and a-squared. these free programmes found several hacktools and trojans,and they have been deleted. in the services menu the spooler service is on auto start but it is stopped, when i try to start it i get the message again. i can use a wired keyboard but its the printer i need has anyone got a remedy, or have i got to completely uninstall xp. i also tried repairing xp with my install disc but i'm told i am running a later version thats on the disc so it wont let me.

Advertisements