Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer cache problem

• Please log in to reply

dovmob

dovmob

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,
last year my laptop was on a university network. Now when I try and use the internet on a normal broadband line i keep getting prompted to enter my details to access teh cache from last year. I don't want to do this and just want my explorer basically back to its original settings, proxy settings etc. Anyone know how i can do this? Also my MSN mesenger doesnt work which is again due to proxy settings so yeah any help restoring internet explorer to its original state.

Cheers,

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hey dovmob

Let's start with this...

In IE click on tools, Internet Options then click on the connections tab, click on LAN settings, and remove all the information there.....close IE and attempt to go to a Web site....

Let me know how you make out..

dovmob

dovmob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yup that seems to have worked, everythings up and running and messenger works.
Cheers for helping dude!