Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to server / prob with apostrophes in Firefox

• Please log in to reply

dln159

dln159

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
When I boot up my computer I get a window that says "Cannot Connect to Server". Below the error message there are options for "Switch To" and "Cancel". I used to get the message maybe 1 in 5 times, but now Im getting it every time I boot. Usually I just wait and the message goes away. Other than that, my computer seems to be behaving normally. Is this malware? I have run all of the spyware programs and they don't pick anything up. I have had the problem for about 2 months. It appeared around the same time that Winfixer did. Winfixer was removed about a month ago. The increase in appearance (from 1 in 5 to all the time) has been in the week or so.

Also, for some *((*&!!!!!!! reason, sometimes I cannot use apostrophes in Firefox. Instead of making an apostrophe symbol, when I hit the key, it bounces me out of the Firefox window. I can fix this by going into Tools Options Tabs, and then hitting okay. I realize this is probably some bug in Firefox and not a virus but I thought I would mention it. Again, does no harm to the computer, just annoying.

What do you think? Thanks.

Advertisements

dln159

dln159

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
This "cannot connect to server" problem went away so you can close this post if you wish. Thanks.