Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Serious Help: Userinit, taskmgr, and iexplorer failed applicatio

• Please log in to reply

shadow7

shadow7

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I think I have some type of virus. I can't even fix it in safemode because nothing is allowed...like something has turned off everything..even for safemode. Please help. What makes this worse is that it is on our Windows Server 2003 pc.

At first I was getting error when I tried to logon as administrator something about the userinit.exe has failed.

Before that I received the same type of error for iexplorer and taskmgr and regedit. So I restarted and that's when I received the errors for the userinit.exe.

I went to safemode which worked fine the first time...I tried going to the internet to run trend micro...my page was hijacked.

I tried hijackthis and got a whole lot of hijacked browser entries, but each time I fixed them they were replaced by something else.

Please, please, please help me!

Thanks,

Shadow7

Advertisements

shadow7

shadow7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm about to do an in-place upgrade /repair of the Windows Server 2003 software....if anybody has a better solution, please post...