Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Pro Fax program

• Please log in to reply

aboogger

aboogger

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Greetings to all...
I have Windows XP Pro and having problems trying to send a fax via XP Fax program. I have configured all the settings as outlined. My internal modem is Agere Win Modem, use to be Lucent Win Modem until I updated the drivers then it changed to Agere. I run a DSL Modem with a router. I have a regular phone line attached to the main phone jack into the computer. I understand that I can not use the DSL for faxing. I also have a DSL filter on the regular phone line to the computer.
When I try to send a fax, it shows it's dialing the number but then comes up stating "No dial tone. The phone is in use or not connected"...
My question is, how do I use this Fax Program and do I need to install a regular FAX Modem?
Any and all help is appreciated.

Advertisements

clkp

clkp

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
hello aboogger;

in order to make your software work in XP, you have to have a fax modem. Not too long ago I purchased a robotic faxmodem and have not had any problems .

Another thought would be to Google your question for a more complete answer.

I hope this helps;
CLKP

aboogger

aboogger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks CLKP....I thought maybe I would have to get a regular fax modem...I've tried typing in all kinds of info into google but couldn't really find an answer...I'll get a fax modem and see if that takes care of the problem...

clkp

clkp

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
no problem, good luck
clkp