I am having great difficulty in installing Net Framework 1.1, whch is required for a new printer I purchased.
When trying to install, the installation stops and I get the following message:
SERVICE IIS ADMIN
I have been in touch with MS (HA!) and done everything they have told me to do.
I have done a repair of Win XP and download all of the windows updates again.
I have run the net framework utility cleanup.
I have removed the microsoft.net/framework folder
There are no instances of net framework in my registry.
I have deleted the windows\system32 URTTEMP FOLDER
I have deleted all files that would delete using run %temp% from the command line.
I have used the selective startup running MSCONFIG to eliminate files that might cause problems with installation.
I have attempted to repair the net framework files (which don't esixt)
Following is a list of what I recently wrote to MS.
1. THERE ARE NO NET FRAMEWORK FILES IN THE REGISTRY.
2. THERE ARE NO MICROSOFT.NET FRAMEWORK FOLDER.
3. THERE ARE NO MSCOREE FILES IN SYSTEM 32
4. URTTEMP FILES IN SYSTEM 32 HAVE BEEN REMOVED
5. I HAVE RUN THE CLEANUP SEVERAL TIMES
6. THERE ARE NO NET FRAMEWORK FILES DISPLAYED WHEN RUNNING INSTALLER FROM THE COMMAND LINE.
7. I HAVE USED MSCONFIG TO USE SELECTIVE STARTUP AND NET FRAMEWORK STILL WILL NOT INSTALL.
8. I HAVE RUN %TEMP% AND DELETED ALL THAT CAN BE DELETE.
9. I DID A REPAIR OF WINDOWS XP AND REINSTALLED ALL OF THE WINDOWS UPDATES.
I also tried turn the IISADMIN OFF, but it wouldn't work.
I have changed the BITS from manual to automatic.
At this point I am even apprehensive to re-install windows, because I have a nagging feeling this is a different type of system error.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I changed the bits to automatic and restarted it.
Edited by franam, 14 October 2005 - 03:08 PM.