Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ati Radeon Card problem

• Please log in to reply

grizzlyoflight

grizzlyoflight

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
here's the story.

Micro tower t2 by Asus

An Ati Radeon 9600 256mb

512mb corsair Ram

The graphics on my computer will crash if a program uses opengl. So, anyone have any ieas on teh cause and or possible solutions?

Steve
:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can see if the new 5.10 drivers do anything or look for the VPU recover option and change it

grizzlyoflight

grizzlyoflight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
they wont. got the crad when drivers 5.4 we out and have updated everytime...nothing has changed.

bupster1405

bupster1405

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
My Computer too also crashes when the graphics get involved. I believe that my ATI Radeon 9600 256 Doesn't like Direct X 9.0© It works well with (B), But not ©. That's why my comp crashes.

grizzlyoflight

grizzlyoflight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
what's b and c?

emp_zertec

emp_zertec

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Direct X 9.0b and 9.0c are two different versions of the software. Different versions have fixes that address problems of compatibility and such with other software and hardware. So updating to Direct X 9.0b as bupster suggested may fix your problem

Zertec :tazz:

grizzlyoflight

grizzlyoflight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
worth a shot

bupster1405

bupster1405

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
From what i know, 9.0c is the newest version from microsoft. However, This is kinda like a gunea pig test. It hasn't been bundled with any new games yet either. This should help. Also, I have Hitman: Contracts for PC and it cam with 9.0b, so i can verify that it is a very well working version of directX.

grizzlyoflight

grizzlyoflight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
haven't had much time to test....to many tests coming up.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts

they wont. got the crad when drivers 5.4 we out and have updated everytime...nothing has changed.

Did you uninstall the previous drivers before installing the new ones?

From what i know, 9.0c is the newest version from microsoft. However, This is kinda like a gunea pig test. It hasn't been bundled with any new games yet either. This should help. Also, I have Hitman: Contracts for PC and it cam with 9.0b, so i can verify that it is a very well working version of directX.

DirectX 9.0c is being bundled with games, two of them being F.E.A.R and Serious Sam 2.

bupster1405

bupster1405

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry about that. My gfault. But if you get the most recent DirectX 9.0c Update End-User Time It should work just fine. I have recently downloaded it to my computer and it is now working just fine.

grizzlyoflight

grizzlyoflight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
hmmm didn't solve it. Could it be a BIOS problem?

The games that are messing up:

CS/DoD 1.6
Guild Wars (though rarely)
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Sims 2 w/ university (Also Rarely)