Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making IE Settings Stick

• Please log in to reply

niteghost

niteghost

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Posted Image

As the Screenshot suggest, I configure IE to " Never sial-up a connection " , so that I do not want the Dial-up ISP Window to POP-UP. But, after I am connected to the net , it always reverts back to "Always Dial my Default connection ".
I have already done a IE Repair to no avail. I have done a IE Reinstall to no avail. I have even use the IEFIX tool to no avail.
I know there is NO spyware so far, ran my system with 6 antispywae programs. How can I do a Registry edit to make my settings "Stick"? Thanks.

Edited by niteghost, 14 October 2005 - 03:58 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you never what to use dial up, how about pressing the remove button? Then it can't connect using a dial up connection because there is not one.

I have never heard of this setting not "sticking" before are you sure that you are not infected.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 15 October 2005 - 07:11 PM.