Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lag / ping jumping Problem, is it my vid card or net settings?

• Please log in to reply

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
well this is a confusing problem for me, I have been playing ET for a couple years now on and off, and my ping usually stays between 80-100 on a east coast server ( I live on west coast Canada) but now it has been jumping all over the place from 120 -700 , I have a 2.66 ghz pentium4 comp wioth 1 gig ram and a radeon 9550 vid card, my isp is shaw extreem ( up to 7mbs download) I only have at the mazimum of 18 process's running while I am playing and everyone of the process's I can account for. SO does anyone have any sugesstions? like could i t be my ET config or vid card I am at a total loss.

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Bump?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
run tracert :

start, run, type in cmd. once the cmd window opens type in "tracert 127.1.1.1" where the 127.1.1.1 is the servers ip your trying to connect to. it should indicate the route and number of hops between you and the server. chances are there is a problem on the internet highway causing problems.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Is there a solution? Thanks!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
it all depends on what your tracert shows. if its near enough to you, then you can contact your isp. if not then try to play on a different server and see what happens.