Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hosting dawn of war

• Please log in to reply

Krakov

Krakov

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey I'm on a router and was told that *maybe* someone around here could help me out with this. I need to know the ports that the game Dawn of War uses in order for me to host a game. I have to configure my router and stuff and I'm not sure how to figure out what ports are used for Dawn of War online. Anyone here have any suggestions or know how to figure this out?

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Krakov

Quickly doing a search on Google gave me this

Briefly, you need to open TCP ports 6667, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920 and UDP ports 6500, 27900, 27901, 29910, and forward UDP port 6112 to your machine if you want to host.

Hope this helps :tazz:

Krakov

Krakov

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Awesome, now I just need to...be kind of clear of how to do this hehe. I'm on Windows XP Pro, and the router I'm using is a Linksys BEFW11S4 (it's a wireless router, but I'm not wireless, connected with RJ45).

I have an "idea" of how to do this but only for the fowarding part, not the other parts.

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
You might want to go to this site to get the info that you need

http://linksys.custh..._type=search_nl

Good luck.

Krakov

Krakov

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
-----------------
Briefly, you need to open TCP ports 6667, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920 and UDP ports 6500, 27900, 27901, 29910, and forward UDP port 6112 to your machine if you want to host
------------------

So I pretty much want to forward ALL of those port numbers to my PC behind the router then? I thought there was a difference between "breifly open" and "forward." Heh.

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Learn to love Google..... ;)

Port forwarding is a method that allows computers on the Internet to access your computer behind the router.  It opens a specific port of the router, allowing all Incoming traffic on that port to be sent directly to your computer.  Please consult your game, service, or software company to obtain the proper ports to forward.

This is from the link that I sent you to above, with a port, you have two options, opened or closed, I don't think that you are able to have the ports automatically opened when you click on your game to start.

You have to open the ports listed for traffic to flow to your cp,

"breifly open"

was never said, Breifly means to be short and to the point and list the numbers instead of having to hear me ramble on about which port must be opened, why it must be opened, what traffic happens to flow...... :tazz: