Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Scheduled log-off in Win 2000

• Please log in to reply

Stryker06

Stryker06

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Is there I way I can schedule a log off in Win 2000. Say, I'm downloading an file, it's too big to wait for it coz I have to go. Is there a setting that'll allow me to schedule an automatic log off, say after an hour, when I think the file is finished downloading, and then somebody else can use the computer.
If there is such a function, can it also work when I lock the computer? probably not right, coz it's gotta log on before it can log off. But plz let me know anyway.
Thanks.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
One program I found is a WinExit screensaver that forces logoff when it is activated. If you want to check it out, look HERE.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 14 October 2005 - 07:30 PM.

Stryker06

Stryker06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Yeah, that's what I was kinda looking for. Thanks dude. :tazz:

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
If you had WinXP you could add a scheduled task with the shutdown command.
But there is a another cool and light-weight shutdown command utility called PsShutdown by sysinternals.
Just extract the psShutdown.exe and make a scheduled task with it and don't forget the -o switch for logoof.