Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visual c++ runtime error

• Please log in to reply

canonphotographer

canonphotographer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been using Zoom Browser Ex 4.1 for some time now. A few days ago, I attempted to print a photo and got an error message: " This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." The message is in a box titled: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. I also can no longer download photos from my Canon Power Shot digital camera. I removed Zoom Browser ex and reloaded from the orginal CD but got the same results. How can this situation be corrected? Thank you!

My operating system is Windows XP.

Edited by canonphotographer, 15 October 2005 - 08:37 AM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Do you by any chance have the Google toolbar? It can cause runtime errors. Also, what other software might you have installed that would conflict? You can check in System Informatioin for software conflicts.

canonphotographer

canonphotographer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, Tyger:

I have the toolbar but it is not installed and I am not using it. Please tell me how to look for software conflicts. Also, I am unable to access System Information under Accessories. I only get a blank screen?

Edited by canonphotographer, 15 October 2005 - 03:48 PM.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Hi, Tyger:

I have the toolbar but it is not installed and I am not using it. Please tell me how to look for software conflicts. Also, I am unable to access System Information under Accessories. I only get a blank screen?

Starting to sound like you may have picked up some malware. You may want to go through the tests at the malware forum and post a log there.