Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

• Please log in to reply

prncess20

prncess20

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hi everyone,
i was having trouble connecting to the internet with LAN so i installed something in network settings and when i restarted my computer there is adialog box that says log into windows xp and has says to insert my user and password...i dunno what those are... how do i get rid of it?

also....i installed a new version of windows in my D drive (the above problem is in my c drive) and everythign works except it seems like i lost everything that was in my documents folder in my c drive...how do get it back? pleeeaassee help....that is like 20GB worth of info.

Advertisements

prncess20

prncess20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
never mind..this helped;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881

prncess20

prncess20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

never mind..this helped;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881

View Post

kay guys..even though i now have access to the files on my c drive...the log in problem still persists... hwo do i get rid of it?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

when i restarted my computer there is adialog box that says log into windows xp and has says to insert my user and password...i dunno what those are... how do i get rid of it?

What if you just press the escape key? Does it continue?

everythign works except it seems like i lost everything that was in my documents folder in my c drive...how do get it back?

You probably had that info encrypted in the other installation of Windows. You'll need to fix the previous installation to view.

prncess20

prncess20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

What if you just press the escape key? Does it continue?
You probably had that info encrypted in the other installation of Windows. You'll need to fix the previous installation to view.

View Post

the escape key doesn't work and the cancel button is grayed out. i trie din safe mode and the dialog box is still there.

abuot the my documents folder...as u can see from my second post i fixe dit with that link, but the problem still persists when i reboot my computer and pick the windows installed on my c drive.