Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing SuSE 9.3

• Please log in to reply

The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hey guys,

I'm trying to install SuSE 9.3 on my Acer notebook. I get to the Installation setup screen and the installation saids I don't have a proposal for Partitioning on my hard disk and I can't go on. I'm trying to install a Linux with Wi Fi abilities and thought 9.3 could do it, so now I'm downloading SuSE 10.0 evaluation lol. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Edited by The_Wanderer, 15 October 2005 - 10:25 AM.

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
thats the strangest thing i have heard. What part of your hardisk does it try to install then? and does it try to over write your windows partitions ?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
How big is your HDD? It should prompt you to say how you want the drive partitioned. You might want to download the checksums for the disks and check for any errors.

The_Wanderer

The_Wanderer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hmm i successfully installed SuSE 10.0.....now i can't get my Wi Fi to work. I have an Acer Aspire 3000 notebook and the Wi Fi adapter has a "turn on" button. With SuSE 10, it won't turn on so i can't get Wi Fi connection. Is there some software i can remedy this problem or do I have to go buy a Linksys? Thanks.

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
@the_wanderer

This is a driver issue, you might have to use "ndiswrapper" to get the drivers going. try searching that in google and you will come up with a lot of stuff. if u are a newbie and really dont have the patience/skill/time/knowledge to do it.. i sugegst trying http://www.linuxant.org they have the drivers ready to go, albeit it costs some money

cheers