Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can PSKAVS.DLL be infected ?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Sir, Madam,

On my self built computer I run Windows XP Home edition with SP2 installed. Firewall Zonealarm free edition and antivirus AVAST free edition.

Before installing Spywareblaster, I ran a tool from Panda: www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm. After having done that Panda put some files on my computer for continual supervision. After re-starting the computer my AVAST free antivirus software told me that a file PSKAVS.DLL was infected by Win32:CTX. I moved the file for safety to the AVAST virus chest.

If I am not mistaken this file is from an antivirus product (PANDA or AVAST). It seems strange that an antivirus firm should be the origin of a virus. What is happening here and must I do something to protect my computer ?