Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIG PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

Determined Dave

Determined Dave

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
:tazz: Wow, when it rains it pours. I'm starting to feel like a whiner here... I really appreciate all of the help I've received but it seems like some other things have been affected by my recent debugging actions.

I have done multiple HiJack This logs over the last week or two to remove all of the malware etc... I think installed the beta 1 version of Windows AntiSpyware which is working fine.

Somewhere around the time I installed Windows AntiSpyware and removed a bunch of pests, Windows XP has become unstable for all other users.

Specifically... when any other user logs into their username... it appears to load fine to their desktop settings. Then, when any program is selected and started.... and I mean ~any~ program... even Start--- Run--- . The computer does a spontaneous restart. ~Any~ program selection in any of the other users accounts causes the computer to dump.... and restart. While me, now the only admin user, can operate in my account without trouble.

Windows always asks me if I want to send an "Error Report" after a restart and when I do, it directs me to a driver problem...

Please help! My family is getting upset! ... the picture of the maraueding warriors on the "Capitol One" credit card commercial comes to mind!

;)

Thanks
Determined Dave

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Somewhere around the time I installed Windows AntiSpyware and removed a bunch of pests, Windows XP has become unstable for all other users.

Unfortunately, that is a risk of using BETA software. :tazz:

Let's start with the system file checker. Using the admin account, click Start -> Run, type SFC /SCANNOW. Have your XP CD handy.