Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can sum1 elp me please

• Please log in to reply

spakasi

spakasi

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
hi i ave jus recently bought the sims2 for pc format it says i have succesfully installed it but an eorror pop-up came up saying that i needed directx9.0c and i was wondering if i could download it off the net? and if so were can i download it from??

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
here

:tazz:

spakasi

spakasi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
thx but i ave already tried downloading that , but when downloaded i can not find it on my pc is there ne other syts that myt have this programme

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
try this link. from what I can see, it downloads a small installer file, which then downloads the larger application. save the installer on the desktop, that way you won't have trouble finding it.

http://www.hitsquad..../DirectX_win32/

spakasi

spakasi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
ok i tried tha but now a error pop-up comes up about that the application has failed and to check if i have the compatiable graphics adapter

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
what's the brand of your graphics card?

spakasi

spakasi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
it says 3-d agp graphics intel direct agp

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I don't think your graphics adapter is directx 9 compatible. when you play games, does the graphics lag a lot? you'll be better off buying a graphics card for more memory and better performance and directx compatibility.

spakasi

spakasi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
oh ok thx neway