Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

pc games without cd

• Please log in to reply

mk1james

mk1james

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
how do i get my pc game 2 work without using a cd like in a cyber cafe :tazz:

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
you mean without the second cd?

there's no-cd tools, depending on what game it is.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Soz i would like to rephase the question i am wondering weather i can install games onto the computer without placing the cd into the drive all the time.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
lol. the cd is the common way but with iso mounting tools like alcohol 120%, you can load images of games, so no cd required.. but first you need somewhere to get the image from. most game cd's can be burned onto the comp in such a way that it's an image file.

of course the downside of this is that you must either have mounting tools installed, or the game cd.. otherwise, no game.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
where can i get 1 of these mounting tools

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
if the game is YOURS and if it's already installed then you can just look for a no cd patch but i fthe game ISN'T yours then it's illegal

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
it is my game

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
http://www.alcohol-soft.com/ Alcohol is great! I use it all the time, I love it!

You can try it for free and then decide if you like it enough to keep it.

You need to pair it with another program, that allows you to find out what security the cd uses.

Try this one: http://www.cdmediaworld.com/cgi-bin/dl.cgi...lonyXXL!zip

Also, if you don't want to use something like Alcohol, you can go to www.gamecopyworld.com and get a no CD exe. But!!!!, like it was stated before, only do this if you are the owner of the game!

if the game is YOURS and if it's already installed then you can just look for a no cd patch but i fthe game ISN'T yours then it's illegal

Edited by Eneoecu, 16 October 2005 - 11:24 AM.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
daemon-tools

just a no-cd patch wouldn't work... if I understand correctly, you want to install your entire game without the cd.. no-cd patches only enable you to play an already installed game without the second cd.